In Canada the cost of shipping is not cheap due to the size of our country and the amount of people. We have done our absolute best to negotiate the most economical shipping rates to serve you. But, the bottom line is that due to the variety of our products (in size and weight) and the vastness of our country it is impossible for us to set a flat rate that would apply across the country or provide free shipping if you buy a certain amount. We wish we could. We really do.
What we did do… is we spent a lot of time creating bulk packages to make is easier to fill up your Schoolhouse home delivery box. We believe when you buy in bulk directly from us at our Schoolhouse price (vs. what you would pay for our products at a grocery store) you will find that the extra shipping cost will become negligible.
PLUS you get the added bonus of having great fresh gluten-free baked goods that are consistent and reliable showing up directly where you want them. Time is your most precious resource.
How Shipping Works:
Schoolhouse Home Delivery Orders are due each week by Monday at 3pm. Your order will be made by our kitchen on Tuesday afternoon and delivered on Wednesday (in NS, NB and PEI) and Thursday for the rest of Canada. If you live in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) you can also choose to have your package delivered on Friday morning. If your order is received after 3 pm on Monday it will be processed the following week for delivery.
We are pleased to offer five options for shipping:
- Local Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) Delivery to your home, workplace or address of your choosing. It is a Flat Fee of $5.00 for this service. The package will be dropped to the address on Wednesday without a signature required.
- If you live in Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) or want to pick up at our Martins Point location we will also accept orders each week by Wednesday at 3pm (as well as Monday) with delivery to your home or office on Friday.
- Schoolhouse Gluten-Free Gourmet access point at the Schoolhouse in South Shore . It is a FREE service. The package will be available between 7am-4pm on Wednesday.
- You can also choose to place a pre-order online for pick up at the Seaport Market on Saturday from 7-3pm. There is no charge for this service.
- For the rest of Nova Scotia and major points in New Brunswick we will be using MBW Courier. The cost of this service is determined by the weight and dimensions of the box. The approximate cost you can expect to be charged is $20.00. The package will be dropped to your home, workplace or address of your choosing without a signature required. The exact cost will be given to you during the check out process. Many rural areas have off line charges. Please see the link below to show regular service and off line charges. Your package will be delivered on Wednesday.
- For the rest of Canada will be using UPS. The cost of this service is determined by the weight and the dimensions of the box. The approximate cost you can expect to be charged is $25-$40.00 (*depending on your area). UPS also offers access points for a cheaper rate, where you can pick up your package at your nearest UPS store. Many rural areas will have off-line charges. Please see the link below to show regular service and off line charges. During check-out you will be given various rate and delivery options for your area. The shipping costs will be determined by your postal code in the check out process.
Important things to note:
- We are closed the first week of August.
- Products like our cakes, donuts, and holiday products will not be available for shipping from May 1st to September 30th. The Holiday package will become available for shipping the week before Easter, Thanksgiving and for the month of December.
- Products will be delivered to the address provided without customer signature required. They will be delivered with a date and time noted on the shipping waybill. In inclement weather – the boxes will be bagged in clear plastic and hung on the door when you are not home.
- If you are not comfortable having your schoolhouse home delivery dropped at your home when you are not there, consider sending it to an address where you will be for the day. For example: your office, a friend’s house or an access point (see access point information below)
- We will take great care to individually package each item by hand to ensure your order arrives in perfect condition. However, we cannot be held responsible once your order leaves our bakery, nor for how the carrier handles it. Unfortunately, we also cannot be held responsible for circumstances that prevent your order from arriving on time (shipping carrier errors, inclement weather, natural disasters ). But we can promise to do our best. And we will. And we thank you.
- We close twice a year to give our staff time to be with our families. We are closed the last week of August and the week after Christmas. We will not be offering our shipping service during this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we give our hard working staff the vacation they deserve.
- Currently we are only offering shipping across Canada.
- You will be asked during the check-out process if you would like to put a personalized note inside your Schoolhouse home delivery box. Think of it like a love note for you in your lunch box, or a personal note of thanks and good wishes to a friend. If you cannot think of one, we will slip one in from us.
Halifax Regional Municipality Shipping Area Defined:
All of Halifax Peninsula and extends to: Armdale / Williams Lake, Herring Cove/ Princeton Ave, Old Sambro / RockingStone, St. Margaret’s Bay / Timberlea Village Parkway /Rockingham / Bedford Highway, Rockingham/ Hwy 102. All of Bedford/ Sackville / Fall River and extends to: Hammonds Plains, Lucasville Rd, Millwood, Beaverbank Road, Windgate, Hwy 2 / Holland Road. All of downtown Dartmouth and extends to: Waverly/ Hwy 118, Akerly, Forest Hills Ext, Forest Hill Parkway, Bisset Rd.
To view MBW Courier points of service, click this link. It will show you whether you can expect regular service or additional offline service charges for remote area.
To view UPS points of service, click this link. It will show you whether you can expect regular service or additional offline service charges for remote areas.