Summer Chicken Salad
30 mins (prep + cooking)
Our go-to chicken salad recipe is flavourful, flexible and OH-SO delicious! The perfect mix of cubed chicken breast, crisp apples, sweet grapes, tart cranberries, crunchy celery, sunflower seeds, red onion and fresh herbs (dill or basil work best) – all tossed together with greek yogurt (or unsweetened coconut yogurt for all the dairy-free folks out there!)
Serve on a bed of lettuce, between two slices of potato millet bread/on a gluten-free bun or just have it on it’s own right from the spoon. This is so easy to make and is an excellent way to use up leftover chicken and/or fruits/veggies you have hanging out in your fridge!
- 3 cups chicken (cooked and diced)
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds (or walnuts, slivered almonds or pecans)
- ¼ cup diced cranberries (or raisins or omit)
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2-3 tablespoons red onion – finely chopped (or omitted)
- ½ cup apple (we recommend green apple) – diced
- 1/3 cup grapes (green or red, both work wonderfully) cut in half
- 2-3 tablespoons of greek yogurt or unsweetened coconut yogurt (dairy-free)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh herbs to taste (fresh dill or basil work best here!)
The Steps to Take
Sprinkle chicken breast with garlic salt & pepper. Sear on one side for 2-3 minutes on high heat with a little oil until the flavours are sealed in.
Place seared chicken with seared side up on baking tray & bake for 20 minutes.
When chicken is done – let cool & slice into chunks. Set aside.
In a bowl combine all of the ingredients (except the yogurt, herbs & salt and pepper).
Add yogurt & mix well.
Add herbs, salt & pepper to taste. Serve on a bed of lettuce, between two slices of potato millet bread/on a gluten-free bun or just have it on it’s own right from the spoon!