Tuna Mason Jar Salad
Lunch or dinner
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives cut in half
- 2 medium sized carrots (peeled and shredded)
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 16 small-medium pickled beets cut into quarters
- 1 granny smith green apple cored and chopped (leave skin on)
- 2 cans albacore tuna
- 6 tbsp Dijon grain mustard
- 1/4 cup diced fresh basil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 4 cups of mixed greens
The Steps to Take
Drain tuna and flake into medium sized bowl. Add 6 tbsps of Dijon grain mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well. Set aside.
Peel and shred carrots. Set aside.
Toast pumpkin seeds. Let cool and set aside.
Cut olives, beets and apple and set aside.
Chop fresh basil and set aside.
Take out 2 mason jars and split contents evenly. Layer them in the following order: tuna, olives, beets, carrots, apple, basil, pumpkin seeds, mixed greens.
Note* You will stuff the greens into the top of the jar.
These jar will store easily in the fridge for 5 days
When you are ready to eat them – Dump onto plate and enjoy!
Get the Latest Recipes!
Get cookin’ with recipes straight to your in box.